We are starting a study entitled Others First on February 18.
Make others the priority, learning to say: "My life exists for others."
The Scriptural theme:
Philippians 2:3-4 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
OTHERS FIRST, Lesson 1: The Root of the Problem: Someone's not getting their way.
We will look at James 4:1-10 and Philippians 2:1-11, then consider what steps we can practically take toward putting others first.
- Lesson 1 discussion questions:
Looking at Ourselves:
- Do you know what it means to ask God for what you want?
- How do you understand the difference between loving God and friendship with the world? (discuss the internal struggle!)
- Looking to Christ:
- The humility we are to have in mind is yours (see Phil. 2:5). What are things that keep us from recognizing this as true?
- What Encouragements, comforts, reminders can we give one another about that truth? (see Phil. 2:1-2)
- Looking to change:
- What do you find more difficult, Listening, Remembering, Asking, Praying, or Serving others?
- How can we apply the answers in Question 4 to that difficulty?